- Put WV Poison Center Emergency # 1-800-222-1222 in your Phone/Wallet
Get a FREE Proper Medication Disposal Kit! Good for human/pet medications
Free for all residents of Marion County WV and Taylor County WV
Contact the Marion County Solid Waste Authority for your free kit!
Or check out our website at http://www.marioncoswa.org (while supplies last).
Available to everyone! Residents, service groups, churches, offices…
Why proper medication disposal?
- Prevent accidental poisonings, especially of children, the elderly, and pets.
- Keeps our ground water clean by diverting medication out of the water supply, sewer, and septic.
- Discourages teenagers from experimenting with pills.
WV Poison Prevent Month Activities in Marion and Taylor Counties
- Check out the “The Poisoner’s Handbook” book and DVD at the Marion County Library and Taylor County Library.
- If you are interested in a proper medication disposal display, or demonstration contact the Marion Co SWA.
A network for the proper storage, handling, and disposal of waste in Marion County and Taylor County: Marion County Solid Waste Authority, Taylor County Solid Waste Authority, Marion County Litter Control, Marion County Health Department, Marion County Public Library System, Taylor County Library, City of Fairmont Water Treatment Plant, Marion County Farm Bureau, And more… To be a part of Project A.L.E.R.T call us at (304) 825-1976.