MEDICATIONS – home use only!
- Hospitals, Doctor’s Offices, & Businesses must follow federal regulations for proper disposal
- Check with your pharmacy about a take-back program
- Ryder Pharmacy has a take-back program
- Do NOT flush down toilet unless accompanying patient information allows this
- Mix medication with kitty litter or used coffee grounds and put into
- empty can or plastic bag and dispose of in trash, Remove medications from original packaging
- Hold for Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event
- Medical facilities must comply with all applicable EPA hazardous waste disposal regulations. Contact the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection’s Office of Water and Waste Management at 304-926-0495 for disposal information.
- WVU Extension recommends using a locked prescription box